Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Buffett Style

So my brother graduated from college Saturday
so weird
I feel like this makes me old

This is us four years ago
sidenote:  my hair is long - wow

Isn't my brother cute?!?

So to celebrate his big day, we through an awesome luau 
He is a BIG Jimmy Buffet fan, so it was only fitting

Setting up for the partay
Parties are work
I think I forget this every time
Selective memory, I suppose 


Even Mattie was decked out in her luau gear



The floating candles didn't really work
Guess we should have thought to turn off the waterfall!
Oh well


This cake was amazing
Two words:
buttercream icing
A local girl in Americus makes these, if you live in South Georgia and need a good cake
go to her!!!

yes, please

Can you guess what the handcuffs and badge mean?
(they were made out of white chocolate - T ate the badge)
Chris is going to be a police officer - he starts the academy next week!
so, so proud of him!

We had lots of food
BBQ and Brunswick Stew were the main features
and 
bottled coke
and beer
and of course, the cake

Everyone gathered around the fire pit once the sun went down 
It's still just a tad chilly here at night


The tiki torches and pool lights made for a beautiful background



One of the party guest passed out early
My brother's GF has a cute, cute new puppy
I want

The party was so fun
and
I'm so happy for and proud of my (little) brother!

In other news
we went down to the lake Sunday to visit the ducks


this is their new home



Can you believe how much they have grown in just two week?!?



Hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day and great Derby weekend!
xx.

15 comments:

Tessa said...

Congrats to your baby brother! Looks like it was a great party!! And thanks for the duck update, I was wondering if those cuties had managed to steer clear of the curious cat!!

xo,
Tessa

Tessa said...

and ps.... do you ever take a bad photo??!! :) pretty girl!

Happiness Is... said...

My brother graduates from college next year and I feel ancient! I always forget how much work parties are as well.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

What a fun graduation party. We had bbq at my high school grad party too! And those duckies..too cute!

Tess said...

Great cake for your brother - on such an exciting day! Best of luck to him in the academy.

And, his gf's dog? Oh..my..! What a cutie. Do you remember what breed he is? German Shepard?

Sam W. said...

this party sounds so fun! drooling over that cake :)

Town and Country House said...

Congratulations to your brother! This looks like such a fun party--you know the 'que is going to be great when the "loaf bread" is just ripped open and ready on the table! Sop it up, we say!

Jamie said...

Looks like a fun party! Glad y'all had a great time :)

Maryland Magnolia said...

Congrats to your brother! That's fantastic that he's going to the police academy :)

Looks like a fun party! The pool is gorgeous :)

megan said...

Looks like the perfect location for a party! Call me crazy, but what is brunswick stew??

Michele said...

Way to go little bro! What a fun party to celebrate his big accomplishment. The ducks are getting so big--wow!

April of Smidge Of This said...

Oh I just love Brunswick stew ... now that is heavenly. And the barbeque -- yum!

What a great pool area for a luau party. Congratulations to your brother for his achievements!

Ashley said...

you are so pretty! i seriously die for every outfit you sport!

congratulations to your brother! my high school sweetheart i dated 7 years went on to be a police officer - you don't realize now tough a job it is until you go through it - good for him!

happy saturday friend!

JMW said...

Congrats to your brother on his graduation and entrance to the police academy! As the sister of a police officer, I can attest that he's making a fine career choice. Looks like it was a fun party!

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun and you look beautiful! Congrats to your brother! xoxo

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity