Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Up & Away


So recently, a hang gliding competition was held in our tiny town, so one afternoon we all went to check it out.


The main reason we went was to see my mother-in-law tandem hang gliding!  The hang gliders put an ad on the radio and my mil jumped at the chance to go.  She is sort of awesome like that. 

The competition was at the airport in town.  Needless to say, our airport doesn't have a ton of traffic, so we were able to walk on the runway and watch her take off.  Kind of crazy, but I guess its a perfect to living in a small town ;)


The day was perfect.
Can you see the rain storm in the distance?


Although they provided helmets, my mil brought her own.
Her horseback riding helmet...ah, I love it.  I think her guide was impressed.





Her guide did look a bit like Carrot Top, without all the plastic surgery.  He was SO nice and apparently, is some sort of top ranked hang glider.

And they are off!!!


This tiny (and I mean tiny) lightweight plane pulls you up till you hit about 2,000 feet then they release you.  By the time you hit your target height, the hang glider looks like a glorified buzzard!  




Landing!
This is a picture of one her friends landing, but you get the idea.  Both ladies had quite the fan club waiting on them.


Seriously, could not have been a more perfect Thursday.



In other news, I bought these goodies at the gas station yesterday.  Peaches and yellow squash.
Did I mention there is a fruit stand at our gas station?   Yeap, there is and it is awesome.  Oh and did I also mention, they pump your gas for you?  Is it sad that I get excited about going to the gas station every 2 weeks?!?  It is the little things in life, I guess.


My fruit bowl now runneth over!


My hydrangeas are also in full bloom.  I made 5 arrangements yesterday with some of the blooms and you can't even tell outside.  This was my fav.  I love this color.  Blue and white overload :)




I stopped by the library, too.  (It was a very productive day, obviously :)

This was on the new shelf:


Love Fannie Flagg, but I've only read one of her books.  Decided to remedy that.


And don't judge.  I'm re-reading HP.


Tonight, I'm making this!  Tessa has raved about it on IG and so I've decided I must make have it.  It involves all ingredients I love:  cheese, bread, tomatoes, and basil.  It can't be bad, right?  Has anyone made this yet?  I'm in love with Ina Garten - I cannot get enough of her cookbooks.  Her last one was perfection.


Well, thats all for today.  I'll leave you with some more of my hydrangea bouquets.  
Have a great week, Loves!



7 comments:

Tessa said...

ah!! did you make it?!!! are you addicted? so good, right?!! your flowers are gorgeous. my buds are just starting to appear. can't wait!! xo

Katie said...

Your MIL is adorable!!! What a fun little adventure :)

Sara Louise said...

Your MIL is one awesome lady!
And don't feel funny about reading HP, I'm planning on reading it for the first time this summer too :)

3 Peanuts said...

I am so impressed with your MIL. That is awesome. How was the crostini? Sounds fabulous!!!

Rachel Elizabeth said...

How fun! I am currently in the middle of re-reading the Harry Potter series as well.

Michelle said...

Your MIL is sooo brave! I sure couldn't do that! Your flowers look gorgeous.

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

That's so cool about your MIL and your pictures are absolutely gorgeous!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity