Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dead Bird

I'm I the only one dying for Spring - and COLOR?
I'm so ready to start wearing my sundresses I can barely contain myself
(however, I need a tan)

Anyway, that little rant has nothing to do with this post...
This weekend T and I went quail hunting
not to be confused with snipe hunting!

This is the back of the buggy we rode on - 
It's named the "Miss Anne" for the guy's wonderful wife who let him buy this little contraption!


This is Bandit - one of the best "dead bird" retrievers I've ever seen!
Plus, he liked to sit with me when he wasn't out helping his Dad hunt so that made me like him even more


When someone killed a quail, they'd say "dead bird" and the dogs would jump out, find it, and bring it back to the buggy...

Tough life...

No, I didn't hunt 
I sat on the buggy and played with the dogs and chatted and asked a lot of dumb questions
One being, "Who is going to clean these?"
Response:  "The women, of course!"


Very funny


How funny is that little Jack Russel perched on the top of the buggy?!?
and his little hunting vest!!!  How cute!!!

Alright, here is the dead bird picture
Look away if you're squeamish!

This is part of the group
I had a little photography fail and my shadow ended up in the picture!
Oh well.

Be sure to enter the giveaway if you haven't already -
the BIG ;) winner will be announced tomorrow morning!!!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Aw, I would have been hanging out with those sweet doggies too. Have you started reading The Swan House yet? I can't wait to hear what you think of it!!!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

You are one good woman! I've never gone with my hubby...wait a second, I've never been invited! (c: That is the way to do it, though, and those doggies are so cute!

Jayme said...

I happened to be eating my bowl of cereal in front of the computer when I scrolled by the dead bird picture - ha! Good thing I have an iron stomach! Looks like a fun time!

JDB said...

I've "ridden the buggy" so many times in my marriage, you would think I would have been asked to join the hunt by now. No such luck!
Of course, our buggy isn't that nice. My hubby would die to own one like it!

Looks like you have a great time.

~ TCC

thecasualclassicblog.blogspot.com

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity