Sunday, January 9, 2011

Prayers

My favorite father-in-law had a very bad accident this past week.  T's Dad was on an extension ladder and somehow he fell off, badly injuring his wrist, chin, and shin.

He had surgery this past Friday on his wrist.  The doctor had to put in 6 pins, many screws, and 1 plate.  His doctor, who I hear is extremely talented and worked at Grady Memorial in Atlanta, told T's mom that this was the worst break he had ever seen.  T's Dad is projected to only have 60-70% use of his hand, even after it heals.  I ask for your prayers because this is going to be a long recovery, that will involve many hours of therapy. I know it will be so hard for someone as active as my father-in-law to slow down, so I ask for prayers for his patience as well.  Also, please pray for T's mom as she now has the difficult roll of nurse - I may not have been married long, but I know how difficult it is to take care of a sick husband!

We are thankful for such wonderful doctors and nurses and that it was not much worse!  This accident has reminded me that life and our health are so precious!

5 comments:

Kat said...

Oh my goodness, that's terrible! I'll pray for him and your mother-in-law too. (Amen on the taking care of sick husbands... that's why men don't have babies...)

Lindsay said...

Prayers sent your way! :)

Michele said...

That's terrible. I just said for prayer for him and your mother-in-law. It's difficult for all of those involved, I second what Kat said.

Lorri said...

No! That is awful! Hope he doing better now.

Town and Country House said...

So sorry to hear about his accident; I'm saying a prayer for him and your mil right now!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity