Thursday, May 16, 2013

reading nook

The other day I needed a break, so I went to hang in one of my favorites rooms in our "new" house,
the sunroom, which opens up to the patio.


The old owners of our house used this room as a playroom, but obviously it works best as reading nook/relaxing room for us.  I love sitting in here with the door open.  If it's hot, just turn on the fan and it's perfect.

I know I mentioned it in my last post but this room was no exception to the "we painted every room in our house" statement.  This room was lime green which totally worked as a kids play area, but we have loved the change to cream walls.  I'll have to do a before/after post soon.


These are my favorite things in the yard - they are located right outside the sunroom.
Can't wait for them to be in full bloom.





These aloe plants are the newest addition to the yard.  Who doesn't love an aloe plant?  I always remember my grandmother having one.  A burn or scratch was not so bad bc she always let me pluck a little piece off and rub it on my "wound" - I always thought that was so cool.   Mom sent me home with a huge basket full of little aloe plants and I've planted several of them.  Here is hoping one of the lives.


I don't know if I've showed y'all a picture of the yard yet, but here she is!
We have done a ton of work back here and I can't wait to do a before and after post.  This is just a little preview.  T has worked so hard - he claims working in the yard is his therapy.  Somedays I think it might be true.



Anyway, back to the sunroom - it's even cozier with my little lamp on.



All this space needs is a good book.
Reading this again - I forgot how good it is.  Harper Lee is a genius.


So with that, I hope y'all have a great weekend and have some time to curl 
up with your favorite book!!!
xx.

PS.  What are you reading this summer?

PSS.  Love this...
Feel this way all the time... :)

11 comments:

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

Blissful. That's the word that comes to mind when I see your sunroom, patio, and backyard! Ya'll have truly made it so relaxing and lovely.

Funny Guy's Wife said...

That looks absolutely divine! I love the sunroom, but I adore that backyard. Lots of space for entertaining and relaxing!

Casual Jenny said...

wow, what a relaxing room! Glad you're back to blogging. :)

Katie said...

2 things I love: that adorable reading nook and that you're back around these parts!

Ps. I picked up (and chose for book club) Maine from your suggestions...Girl! I did not love it. Did you think it was depressing at all??

Kasey Lynne said...

I am so envious of your reading nook!! I would love to come home to that little space every day just to relax and read a good book!

Sara Louise said...

Oh wow! Your reading nook does look cozy and the perfect place to curl up with a book and a glass of wine at the end of the day. The colors are so soothing and those chairs look super duper comfy :)

Sundresses and Smiles said...

Your yard is GORGEOUS!

Ryann Hoyer said...

If you're a book lover, you wouldn't look for another place to read if you have a gorgeous sunroom like this. Turn on the lamp and feel free to sit on the couch. If you get tired reading, you can easily walk through your patio because there's a door connecting to the area. That simply looks awesome to me! :)

RyannHoyer@YanceyCompany.com

Heather said...

I absolutely love your sunroom/reading nook!

Nida Eisner said...

You have a delightful sunroom! It's absolutely a great place to read and relax. Books are a nice addition to the place too. Why not set up a mini shelf there? Once you turn on the lamp, you'd either find a wonderful book to read or you'd satisfy yourself by just resting on the couch.

Nida Eisner @ All County Exteriors

John Gwaltney said...

A sunroom that opens up to the patio? What a lovely design! It's nice to have a place to relax after a long day of work. You have a cozy place at home where you can enjoy the view and clear the stressful thoughts in your mind. Did you ever renovate your sunroom after this post though?

John Gwaltney @ Nehemiah.com

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity