Monday, October 25, 2010

i take it back...

November issue
*Source:  Southernliving.com 
September issue
*Source: southernliving.com

This weekend I had some downtime so I read a few of my old Southern Accents (RIP).  Mr. Postman brought me the new November issue of Southern Living on Friday, so it got mixed in with my reading pile.  I have to say, I am really impressed with the latest issues.  I'll chalk it up to the new editor, Lindsay Bierman.  Apparently, Bierman was editor for both Coastal Living and Southern Accents (two of my favs)!

I really enjoyed the article "Made by Southern Hands:  Hostess Gifts."

How great do the sandies from Virginia look?

*Source: southernliving.com
purchase at http://townhouseva.com/

and these chocolates from Gearhart Chocolates in Charlottesville, VA.  I would love to find these in my stocking!  Maybe I'll just gift them to T and I'll eat his leftovers.


*Source: southernliving.com
purchase at http://gearhartschocolates.com/

and the article "5 Ways With Mulling Spices."

*Source: southernliving.com

So, that being said, I take it back...Southern Living has become a good read.  Kudos to Mr. Bierman.  Can't wait till the Christmas issue.  I still miss my Southern Accents :(  Most Southern women I know already subscribe to Southern Living, but if by chance you don't, then I'd suggest picking one up!

1 comment:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I think I might just have to check this magazine out sometime!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity