Monday, October 18, 2010

Americus


Husband and I have spent the past two weekends visiting our {awesome} parents, who live in some of the most beautiful areas in Georgia.  We started last weekend in Americus to visit the Duncans, and we got a lucky surprise when we found out his sister, her husband, and their precious daughter, RM, would be joining us.  Our weekend consisted of me returning about 1,000 duplicate wedding gifts to the local shops around town, venturing to the Georgia State Fair, and T put up a new deer stand.

Apparently, nowadays, at the fair you can see goats...

and cows {my fav!!!}...

and horses...

and sea lions...

How.  Random.  However, T and I are SERIOUSLY considering becoming carnies bc these sea lion trainers were making a fortune.  For the low, low price of $15 you could get a lovely polaroid pic of you and Mr and Mrs Sea Lion.  Thanks, I'll pass.  {I think the guy in  the lower right hand corner is thinking the same}.

Instead of spending $95 on sea lion polaroids keepsakes, T and I decided on investing our money more wisely...on deep fried fair food.  I had pizza, coke, and peach cobbler and ice cream and T had nachos, a corn dog, caramel apple and a coke.  Dont worry, we ate dinner when we got home-didnt go hungry.

This goodness was a close second to my pizza, but I felt like it would be too healthy, so I passed...plus those fans kind of grossed me out...

T's sister and her daughter didn't join us at the fair, but when we returned we spent lots of time playing and drawing...


and torturing the cat, Sara Pickle {tough life}


While we were waiting to eat {i told you we didn't go hungry}, I snapped this pic of Mr. Duncan...He is my awesome father-in-law, who shares my affinity for a good raw steak and naps {i'm pretty sure i'm a 65 year old man, trapped in a 27 year old body}...

the most hysterical part of the trip was looking in the Duncan's backyard and seeing this...

Apparently, armadillos and possums have decided they really like the Duncan house and DON'T want to leave...Mr. Duncan is attempting to trap the little buggers, so he can finally sleep again, but no luck so far.  I told him to put cat food in the traps, but he wisely decided against it bc Sara Pickle probably would be the only thing he would catch...along with every other stray in Sumter Co.

After dinner, T decided it would be a good idea to play with RM.  He crawled in the Princess Castle and visitors WERE NOT welcome!!!  I think my ears are still ringing from her screams and I'm also pretty sure T will not agree to have children with me for several years...


Sunday we ventured out to the farm, so T could show off his new deer stand.  I was a supportive wife and complimented how lovely I thought it was.  I even climbed in it....for about two seconds....



We also shot his wedding gift from me.  A double black eagle shotgun II {or something like that}.  Luckily, T's best friend, David, did all the work in finding out what he wanted, so all I had to do was write the check.  Good for T bc Lawd knows what I would have picked out.


While we are there, guess what we found???  TRESPASSERS!


Well that is all for now.  Thank you again to the Duncans for having us and for FEEDING us...I think I gained a solid 10 pounds.  Love you all! 



No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity