Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ramblings...

So T and I have been married two months today!  Woohoo!   We "honeymooned" in Paris and Sorrento, Italy.  Both places were so amazing!  Before we left the country, I made the mistake of not calling my credit card company to tell them I was traveling abroad, but my smart husband did have his cleared.  Soooo that meant, every time I wanted to buy something I had to look at T and say, "I really think we need this."  T is cheap (!!!), so he would look back at me and just give me...that look....like he was thinking "We don't need that!"  So I managed to control my spending, but I still picked up a few items.  This is one of them...

I found this vintage botanical print in a shop near our hotel.  The shop had THOUSANDS of prints - and I could have spent hours in there, but we had lots of sights to see.  I took the print to Michael's during their annual frame sale and for 60 bucks, I think they did a pretty good job.  Now to find the perfect place to hang it...




Here are two pics of us in Paris - T looks like Chevy Chase reading his guidebook...



Also, I know everyone is in fall weather mode, but I spotted a pretty good deal at Macy's today.  If you need some good beach towels, they have all of them on sale.  I got these for $9 and they were originally, $40.  They are a really good size and pretty thick...nothing worse than a puny beach towel.  And they have a ton of different designs and colors!



2 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Such a beautiful print! Sounds like a great honeymoon! Thanks for visiting my blog and following! It is always such a fun surprise to have new followers. Your blog has so many nice things - LOVE your guest room bedside table, the old abandoned house, your pup. I grew up having a white German Shepherd. Hope you have a great weekend!

The Southland Life said...

Thanks! LOVE your blog!!! I used to have a white german shepherd, too! Such awesome dogs!!! Thanks for your sweet comments:)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity