Tuesday, October 26, 2010

This Old House


A couple of weekends ago, while I was at my parent's house, my brother and I got bored watching football so we ventured over to this old house about a mile away from our house.  This place has been abandoned ever since I can remember.  My grandparents told me that some of our relatives used to live there.  The house is the epitome of a fixer-upper, but it has gorgeous bones.  Apparently, lots of people have tried to buy this house to do just that, but the current owners won't sell.  It's a shame to let the house just fall in - you can tell it was well built, but I fear it won't be around in the next decade or so.  Here's hoping it finds an owner that can make it the awesome house it once was.  Here are a few photos I snapped, while we were there. 

My precious child, Mattie, on the drive over.


 Side view


This is the general store across the street.  I'd love to go inside this place!


Doesn't this remind you of a scene from Gone With the Wind







Front entrance.  Love the ceiling!


Side living room.  Same thing on the other side.  


One of the downstairs bedrooms.  Love the pink color.  Lots of trespassers have come and gone...and left their mark.


The windows are so tall.


One of the places that has the worst damage.


The upstairs in in surprisingly good shape.  Bedroom upstairs.  What a view.


View from the bedroom window.

5 comments:

Amy R. said...

Katie, this house could be amazing! The pillars, large windows, real wood doors, the potential could be outstanding. I think you need to talk these people into selling, you restore it and Southern Living an come do a feature! I love your dog:)

Amy R.

Lady Grey said...

Wow, it's a true beauty! Such a shame they don't restore it.
oxo

Lilacandgrey said...

omg! Imagine would it "could be!?"
<3Cara
Fabulous Nan Lawson Giveaway going on @ Lilac and Grey!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Oh my! This house is an absolute gem. It's so sad to see it going to ruin. I'd love to live somewhere like that. Gone with the Wind is one of my favourite films and I often daydream about being a Southern belle!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

I pass by that house quite often (it is a back road to Athens from my home!)
-Trish

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity